It’s been eight weeks since we moved to Washington. And while we are househunting, we are livin’ it up in a family cabin on a golf course along the Hood Canal.
Even if you aren’t into golf, some say Alderbrook is one of the most scenic golf courses in Washington State.
It’s here you’ll find:
– Crazy cool nature trails that feel lush among ferns and pines.
– A course that meanders in and out of a forest.
– Deer who come out to graze at sunset.
– Rabbits and chipmunks sightings on walks.
– A 30-ft wood carved periscope that stands as one of the last true golf periscopes still in use in the U.S. (Periscopes help golfers to see over the hill when teeing off).
-Wickiup Community Park where we scooter in the gated pickleball courts (shhh, don’t tell anyone), a community garden to watch sunflowers reach toward the sky. Plus a little playground.
– A huge grassy field they call the Pointe. We run and play tag on it. People gathered there pre-COVID to watch Fourth of July fireworks with the Olympic Mountains as a backdrop.
Down the hill toward the waterfront, Union has a resort, a wharf, and a few small shops. The vacation cabins with private docks along the canal are also local faves.
So, what do you think? Would you visit here?